Publisher: New in Chess, 2018, Pages: 224, Paperback
"Find the Right Way to Outplay Your Opponent"
Books on chess exercises are usually about tactics. But in most of the positions that you think about during a game, there is no tactical solution. What you are doing most of the time is trying to find a way to improve your position or weaken your opponent's, by applying strategic rules.
Experienced chess trainer Emmanuel Bricard has created a practical exercise manual with carefully selected and tested training positions that teach you how to develop the right plan.
This book is for you if you want to:
- know what to do if there is no tactical solution
- improve your understanding of chess strategy
- learn how to apply strategic principles in concrete positions
- gain time on the clock by having to calculate fewer variations
- earn how to accumulate advantages in various types of positions
- Be inspired by great examples of strategy.
The level of difficulty of the exercises varies as this manual is intended for a wide range of club players. The majority of the exercises are middlegame positions, but additionally there is a large section of endgame tests as well. After working with Strategic Chess Exercises you will spend less time on finding better plans, and outplay your opponents more often!Excerpt