Publisher: Quality Chess, 2015, Pages: 480, Hardcover
Learn from the Legends is a modern classic. ChessCafe chose it as their Book of the Year and IM Jeremy Silman went even further when he wrote: “I can’t recall having seen a better book in the last two decades.” Ten years after the original publication, Quality Chess is proud to offer a revised hardback edition with a new chapter on the latest chess legend, Magnus Carlsen.
Mihail Marin examines and explains the ideas of the legends who shaped modern chess. The chapters in this book discuss:
- Rubinstein’s excellent rook endgame technique
- Alekhine’s expertise with the heavy pieces
- Botvinnik’s ability for deep analysis
- Tal’s handling of heavy pieces vs. minor pieces
- Petrosian’s positional exchange sacrifices
- Fischer’s strength with the king’s bishop
- Karpov’s handling of bishops of opposite colour
- Korchnoi the rebel
- Carlsen the new king
Mihail Marin is a grandmaster from Romania. His books for Quality Chess have established him as one of the world's finest chess authors.