In the extra workbook there are 54 pages with exercises, which means as many as 54x12=648-31 (drawings) = 617 positions.
There is also a reminder with hints how to proceed with the mixed tests.
At the beginning come the exercises with the familiar items from Step 2 and some from the first step on a higher level:
- Getting out of check
- Mate in one
- Double attack: queen
- The pin
- Eliminating of the defence: chasing away + material
- Eliminating of the defence: luring away + material
- Eliminating of the defence: capturing + material
- Mate in two: different mating patterns
- Double attack: knight
- Double attack: rook, bishop or pawn
- Double attack: cooperation of two pieces
- Discovered attack
- Defending against mate
The last 26 pages contain tests.